This talk focuses on how we can optimise our psychological performance in critical care situations, the type of situations that Simon describes as Time Critical, Information light. The Audio is available below, or watch the full presentation above.
This talk is based on my work as a HEMS clinician in Texas. I’ve been lucky enough to work with a fantastic team there, and have also visited HEMS and prehospital teams around the world. My thoughts here are based on my own experience, but also on the collective wisdom of many inspirational clinicians across the world.
More posts from Ashley on HEMS1, Gender2, Airway management3, Resuscitation4, and the psychological impact of war5.
Our great thanks to Nick Smith for his work in putting this video and podcast together.
- 1.Liebig A. Will Northern Ireland get the PHEM service it needs? St Emlyn’s. http://www.stemlynsblog.org/will-northern-ireland-get-the-phem-service-that-dr-john-hinds-knew-it-needed/. Published 2017. Accessed 2019.
- 2.Liebig A. Gender and Conferences. St Emlyn’s. http://www.stemlynsblog.org/gender-conferences-careers-em-st-emlyns/. Published 2016. Accessed 2019.
- 3.Liebig A. OOHCA and airway management. St Emlyn’s. http://www.stemlynsblog.org/jc-oohca-and-airway-management-do-we-need-a-tube-st-emlyns/. Published 2018. Accessed 2019.
- 4.Liebig A. Resus TO. St Emlyn’s. http://www.stemlynsblog.org/resusto-a-simulation-resuscitation-conference-like-no-other/. Published 2018. Accessed 2019.
- 5.Liebig A. Bonded in Blood. St Emlyn’s. http://www.stemlynsblog.org/bonded-in-blood/. Published 2018. Accessed 2019.
How you can support St Emlyn’s
- Subscribe to the blog (look top right for the link)
- Subscribe to our PODCAST on iTunes
- Follow us on twitter @stemlyns
- PLEASE Like us on Facebook
- Find out more about the St.Emlyn’s team
- Find out more about the MMU MSc in Emergency Medicine here.
- Download one of our FREE e-books here