We are a team of emergency medicine and critical care specialists working to improve the education of clinicians and the care of patients.
The four pillars of learning are evidence based medicine, clinical excellence, personal development and the philosophical overview of emergency care. We have a strong academic faculty and reputation for high quality education presented through multimedia platforms and articles.
St Emlyn’s is a name given to a fictionalised emergency care system. This online clinical space is designed to allow clinical care to be discussed without compromising the safety or confidentiality of patients or clinicians. You can read more about the development of the blog in the Postgraduate Medical Journal article.
Creators and Chief Editors
- Professor Simon Carley: Creator, Webmaster, Chief Editor. Emergency Physician.
- Professor Richard Body: Co-creator, Chief Editor. Emergency Physician.
Section and Podcast Editors.
- Dr Iain Beardsell: Podcasts
- Dr Janos Baombe: Infectious Diseases
- Dr Alan Grayson: Toxicology
- Mrs Elizabeth Crowe: Wellbeing
- Dr Natalie May: Paediatrics and Medical Education
- Mr Ross Fisher: Presentation skills
St Emlyn’s Authors
- Contact St Emlyn’s
- General Disclaimer
- Subscribe to the blog by RSS FEED or by EMAIL
- Ponder over the Cautions, Caveats and Comment
2 thoughts on “About”
Pingback: FOAMed Resources Part VI: The Fundamentals – Global Intensive Care
Pingback: Emergency Medicine EducationFOAMed Resources Part VI: The Fundamentals - Emergency Medicine Education