Dr Iain Beardsell, MBChB (Birm) FRCEM, DipIMC(RCSEd)
Section lead for podcasts and Lesson Plans
Editorial Board Member St Emlyn’s blog and podcast
- Consultant in Emergency Medicine, University Hospital Southampton (UHS)
- Doctor with Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.
- Iain qualified in 1998 from University of Birmingham Medical School and over the past 20 years has trained in and practised medicine in major teaching hospitals both in the UK and overseas.
- He has been a consultant at University Hospital Southampton for the past twelve years, including a three year term as the unit’s Clinical Director. UHS is the main Major Trauma Centre for the South Coast region of England as well as the eighth largest hospital in the UK.
- He is the Deputy Module lead for the Year 4 Acute Care Module at University of Southampton Medical School
- Iain is also a highly regarded advisor for television medical dramas, including Casualty and Good Karma Hospital.
- An acclaimed speaker, Iain has spoken at international conferences in Australia, USA, Ireland, Austria and Germany as well as across the UK.
Social Media Links
Twitter – @docib
Instagram – St Emlyn’s
Facebook – St Emlyn’s
Cite this article as: Simon Carley, "Dr Iain Beardsell," in St.Emlyn's, September 19, 2018, https://www.stemlynsblog.org/authors/dr-iain-beardsell/.