We’ve championed the Zero Point Survey (1,2,3,4) here on the blog and in all our simulation teaching in Virchester. If you’ve been following the blog you will hopefully be familiar with the STEPUP system of structuring the initial approach to resuscitation.
Since we published the ZPS back in 2018 it has gained a lot of traction amongst resuscitationists around the world, most recently at the ResusTO conference in Toronto where it seemed to gain real traction with the faculty and delegates.
Cliff Reid has now put together an excellent video that explains the ZPS in more detail and demonstrating how it can be utilised in prehospital and hospital settings. Please have a look at the video and share as widely as possible.
We’ll also be teaching and discussing the ZPS at the forthcoming Resuscitology courses in Manchester and around the world. Consider coming along to one of those if you want to hear more.
1. Zero point survey: a multidisciplinary idea to STEP UP resuscitation effectiveness . CEEM. https://www.ceemjournal.org/upload/pdf/ceem-17-269.pdf. Published 2018. Accessed September 30, 2018.
2.Reid C, Brindley P, Hicks C, et al. Zero point survey: a multidisciplinary idea to STEP UP resuscitation effectiveness. C. 2018;5(3):139-143. doi:10.15441/ceem.17.269
3.Reid C. Zero Point Survey. Resus.Me. http://resus.me/analysing-resus-1/. Published 2018. Accessed September 30, 2018.
4.The Zero Point Survey. CEEM. https://www.ceemjournal.org/journal/view.php?number=189. Published 2018. Accessed September 30, 2018.
How you can support St Emlyn’s
- Subscribe to the blog (look top right for the link)
- Subscribe to our PODCAST on iTunes
- Follow us on twitter @stemlyns
- PLEASE Like us on Facebook
- Find out more about the St.Emlyn’s team
- Find out more about the MMU MSc in Emergency Medicine here.