We’ve not done a critical appraisal nugget for a while now. No excuses, we’ve just been busy with other stuff, but we need to rectify that now. This week I sat down with Rick Body and talked through some of the issues around the use and abuse of p-values in research, and how that affects how we interpret them in critical appraisal.
Some useful links to stuff we’ve mentioned on the podcast.
- Definition of p-values on the bottom line https://www.thebottomline.org.uk/blog/ebm/p-value/
- Fragility index https://lifeinthefastlane.com/ccc/fragility-index/
- Confidence interval https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_interval
You can read more about this series of podcasts on the CAN homepage.
How you can support St Emlyn’s
- Subscribe to the blog (look top right for the link)
- Subscribe to our PODCAST on iTunes
- Follow us on twitter @stemlyns
- PLEASE Like us on Facebook
- Find out more about the St.Emlyn’s team