St.Emlyn’s has always had an interest in metacognition, thinking about thinking and many of our posts link to thought experiments on how we practice medicine. If you want to see a collection that is building towards 101 philosophical experiments in emergency medicine then click here.
If you are an emergency physician then diagnosis is the core of our practice. Do you understand it? Do you really know what you mean by declaring that a patient does or does not have disease. This is essential reading for anyone who wants to be a wise clinician in the difficult environment of the ED.
- EM: A risky business part 1. Are you a diagnostician.
- EM: A risky business part 2. What does a positive result mean?
- EM: A risky business part 3. How risky are you?
- EM: A risky business part 4. What does it mean to miss a diagnosis?
- EM: A risky business part 5. Does a correct diagnosis mean that therapy will work?
- EM: A risky business part 6: How many steps to disaster?
Rick Body’s Cardiology case files
Rick Body is our resident expert on all things cardiological. Check out his case files from Virchester.