I was thrilled to kick off the EM stream at SMACC Dublin this year with a presentation on the big questions, in other words the strategic future, ofEmergency Medicine. This was an idea we put together to think about the wider strategic influences on the practice of EM in the UK and around the world. The talk is now live on the SMACC website 1and you can view it on the link below.
We also have three blog posts that link to the presentation.
- The BIG questions in EM. Part 1 – Demographics. St.Emlyn’s2
- The BIG questions in EM. Part 2 – Technology. St.Emlyn’s3
- The BIG questions in EM. Part 3 – Politics. St.Emlyn’s 4
Have a listen and tell me what you think? Following SMACC there were many more announcements from the tech giants on the move into personalised health monitoring and alerts which links well to the blog posts written at the time.
I’d also like to thank my firend and recent colleague Lisa @EMDrLM (now at Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge) who demonstrated the ECG fantastically (and it really short notice). You should check out her heart rate on the video – and follow her on Twitter
The last 20 years have been a fascinating journey for me, I expect the next 20 to be just as exciting.
Before you go…
- Subscribe to the blog (look top right for the link)
- Subscribe to our PODCAST on iTunes
- Follow us on twitter @stemlyns
- See our best pics and photos on Instagram
- PLEASE Like us on Facebook
- Find out more about the St.Emlyn’s team
- How to cite a St.Emlyn‘s blog post in your next assignment or paper.
1 thought on “The Big Questions in Emergency Medicine. What’s our future? SMACC Dublin”
Pingback: Global Intensive Care | The Big Questions in Emergency Medicine. What’s our future? SMACC Dublin