Back in late 2018 we gathered in Manchester for the inaugural #stemlynsLIVE conference. Our friend Dr George Willis gave a great talk on Aortic Emergencies. There are loads of great tips in here about diagnostics, medical management and how to manage the pericardial effusion. Personally I found this incredibly helpful and wished that I had heard it a few years ago as I, like many of you, have been humbled by aortic emergencies.
Watch the presentation here
This talk fits in well with the RCEM Think Aorta campaign and reminds me of old and new descriptions from esteemed colleagues ranging from Osler to Reed that the Aorta can really spoil your day, and that of the patient too!
Listen and watch George on how you can save your patient and yourself, then check out these excellent #FOAMed resources too.
- EMDocs on Aortic Emergencies http://www.emdocs.net/thoracic-aortic-aneurysms-pearls-and-pitfalls/
- Think Aorta website https://thinkaorta.org/
- Acute Aortic Syndromes https://rebelem.com/the-advised-trial-a-novel-clinical-algorithm-for-the-diagnosis-of-acute-aortic-syndromes/acute-aortic-syndromes/
- Love will tear us apart on the SGEM https://thesgem.com/2018/04/sgem215-love-will-tear-us-apart-diagnostic-challenges-of-aortic-dissection/
How you can support St Emlyn’s
- Subscribe to the blog (look top right for the link)
- Subscribe to our PODCAST on iTunes
- Follow us on twitter @stemlyns
- PLEASE Like us on Facebook
- Find out more about the St.Emlyn’s team
- Find out more about the MMU MSc in Emergency Medicine here.