Dr Iain Beardsell, MBChB (Birm) FRCEM
Section lead for podcasts
Editorial Board Member St Emlyn’s blog and podcast
- Consultant in Emergency Medicine University Hospital Southampton (UHS)
- Consultant in Pre Hospital Emergency Medicine.
- Iain qualified in 1998 and over the past 20 years has trained and practised medicine in major teaching hospitals both in the UK and overseas.
- He has been a consultant at University Hospital Southampton for the past ten years, including a three year term as the unit’s Clinical Director. UHS is the main Major Trauma Centre for the South Coast region of England as well as the eighth largest hospital in the UK.
- Iain is also a highly regarded advisor for television medical dramas, including Casualty and Good Karma Hospital.
- An acclaimed speaker, Iain has spoken at international conferences in Australia, Ireland, Austria and Germany as well as across the UK.